Whether you want to make new smoothie recipes, prepare a simple and quick and healthy smoothie at home or just need a smoothie maker for occasional use, you’re going to love our list of the best smoothie makers to buy below.
Here’s what you’ll find in our smoothie maker reviews:
What should you look for in a smoothie maker?
- A complete list of the best smoothie makers and blenders to buy in 2020.
- What should you look for in the best smoothie maker and blender?
Smoothie makers are usually very easy to operate. They’re designed to require only the minimum amount of effort to be able to use. You can easily enjoy your favourite smoothie in a matter of minutes. This convenience comes with a price, though. The cheaper the smoothie maker the lower the quality.
A quality smoothie maker should be capable of crushing ice, as well as producing high-quality, blended smoothies free of chunks of fruit and pulpy bits. The combination of these two features should enable you to make smoothies of your choice, however thick or thin you like them.
|Ninja Personal Blender||Best Overall|
|Portable Blender Single Serve||Budget Pick|
|NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender||Upgrade Pick|
1. Ninja Personal Blender
- 700-watt motor
- Ergonomic design
- Seamless blending
- Built-in single touch button
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- 2 16-ounce contoured cups included
- Includes recipe book
- 72-ounce capacity
- Plastic base may seem cheap
- Tall people can’t use it as their hands will be above their head
- Personal blender isn’t powerful
The Ninja Blender has all of the best features of a high-end, professional-grade blender. It works as a blender, a food processor, and a food processor. My favorite feature is the single-touch pulse feature. To test it out I used this feature to make a smoothie, but you can also use it to chop and blend. If you are home canning, you can use this to blend your fruit and veggies and then use it to clean the jar. As with most blenders, you can even grind coffee beans if you want.
2. Ninja 400-Watt Blender/Food Processor
- Great for different types of food prep
- Can chop and aerate
- Blends without crushing pieces of solid foods
- Easy to clean
- Sturdy pitcher
- Performs better than high-end models
- Durably made
- HUGE pitcher
- Can blend ice, beans, nuts, and veggies
- Can vibrate while in use
- Can be noisy
- Can take a while to clean
3. Ninja Blender/Food Processor
- Quick-prep features a built-in pulse feature and a power button
- Has a pulse feature to chop or blend food in a snap
- The powerful motor pulverizes food like a pro
- Allows for a wide range of versatility
- The blender has a durable and sharp blade
- Auto-iQ technology that makes smoothies in seconds
- Perfect for professional smoothies
- Frozen dessert maker
- Works well with grilled cheese
- User-friendly and easy-to-use interface
- Cheap blender if parts are broken
- No food processor
- Whoa is it powerful
- The food processor is too small.
This Ninja Professional Blender sits atop the rest.
More mini blender.
4. Mueller Austria Ultra-Stick 500 Watt 9-Speed Immersion Multi-Purpose Hand Blender Heavy Duty Copper Motor Brushed 304 Stainless Steel
- Extremely fast and powerful
- Equipped with a whisk, juice extractor, and blender
- Two spin speeds
- Very affordable
- Cheaper than most blenders
- Can be used to make smoothies, juice, soup, and even frozen desserts
- Very compact and small
- A bit on the loud side
The first thing you’ll notice with the Mueller hand blender is how surprisingly lightweight it is. It’s so light you’ll feel like you forgot to pack it on your trip to the market. The color is gorgeous and doesn’t get as sticky as plastic hand blenders do. It’s very easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
When it comes to speed, this automatic immersion hand blender doesn’t disappoint. With the 9-speed control it’s easy to provide real smoothies and shakes. The stainless steel blades are very powerful and work really well for blending. The whisk is ideal for whipping cream, beating egg whites, and making meringue. As for the juicer attachment, it’s really great to get the pulp out of the fruit, so you can make the freshest smoothies around.
5. NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender
This smoothie maker is top of the line. Whether you want to make smoothies, soups, sorbets, or sauces, you can do it with ease.
The NutriBullet uses a high performing motor that uses up to 25% less power than other machines. It makes it easy to blend just about anything, so you only have to buy one appliance instead of a blender, food processor, and juicer. It comes with an instruction manual that shows you how to use it.
It's easy to use, and will break down the fiber of the fruits and vegetables in your drinks and smoothies, so you can drink all of the nutrients instead of having to spit out the fiber.
6. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender
- Small size
- Travel friendly
- Ideal for single users
- Includes cups with lids
The Hamilton Beach personal blender is a great choice for a single user if you want a convenient option. It can make shakes and smoothies in just a few minutes.
When you use this personal blender, you can dispense your shake conveniently into the 14-ounce travel cup to go. You can also get the quickest and easiest cleanup. The parts are dishwasher safe.
The Hamilton Beach personal blender comes with single serve cups with lids that you can take anywhere. You can blend fruit or ice for a healthy beverage whenever you want. You can use it every day for a quick breakfast or for your refreshment at the gym or when you are traveling.
7. Oster BLSTPB-WPK My Blend 250-Watt Blender
- Good blender for the price
- Fairly loud at times.
If you’re looking for a basic, no-frills blender for an affordable price, the Oster BLSTPB-WPK My Blend 250-Watt Blender with Travel Sport Bottle, Pink should do nicely. It isn’t fancy in any way, but it blends and purées just fine and costs less than most.
It doesn’t come with a lot of bells and whistles. It’s battery-powered, not corded. The cord is fairly short (2.8„ feet, give or take) so you’ll have to be right next to an outlet. You won’t find a storage compartment for extra cups or a chopping or grating attachment.
But if you’re using it for small, quick jobs like smoothies or salsas, it’s a bargain. That’s how I’ve been using it for several months now and I’m glad that I didn’t spend more money than I had to.
8. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
- 1100-watt motor
- 600 watts of blending power in the pitcher
- BPA-free plastic pitcher
- 72-ounce pitcher
- Blades are housed in plastic pitcher
- Soft touch grips on the base and pitcher mean you won’t slide
- Auto-iQ one-touch blending technology
- An included recipe book with smoothies and other drinks
- 7-year warranty on the base and pitcher
- Its heavy-duty build makes it a bit difficult to move around and store
- Blending space is small
The Ninja Professional Blender is a fantastic, all round powerful machine.
It’s packing enough power to grind whole vegetables from things like carrots and kale, and that is a big plus for a blender.
Other features include two 16oz blending jars, a soft grip pour spout, an LED screen, and auto-iQ speed control.
9. BLACK+DECKER FusionBlade Personal Blender
The black and Decker FusionBlade Blender can make different types of drinks. You can make fresh juices, smoothies, milkshakes, and margaritas using this blender.
This blender comes with a small chopping container, and there is a button on the side for blending-chopping.
The actual blender is like any other blender and has multiple blades. You can mix your drinks in no time. There is a button for locking the lid on top.
10. La Reveuse Smoothies Blender Personal Size 300 Watts
- It’s a travel smoothie maker and blender
- It’s portable
- It’s also a drink bottle.
- Not very strong
- The base is not stable enough
This is a good blender for those that want their smoothies on the go. The blender is very light and it’s quite affordable.
The cup is made of BPA free plastic.
11. Personal Blender
- Adjustable blades and speed dial.
- Can be used as a food processor or blender.
- Safe to use on tops of bowls and cups.
- Free of BPA and toxins.
- Doesn’t take up much space.
- Rubber paint coating.
- Quite noisy.
- Capacity is small.
- Cups only fit in one direction.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
- Blades are hard to clean.
The Keyton Personal Blender is a small palm blender that works on cups or bowls, is easy to clean, and pour.
This small blender is great for making single servings with its screw-on lids. The blender has a removable blade, and a space for the blade in the lid which makes it safe for travelling.
It has a safety button to prevent the blade from operating accidentally.
12. Secura 300W Personal Blender
- Comes with 2 bottles
- Dishwasher safe
- Powerful 300-watt motor
- Durable construction
- Great customer service
The Secura Personal blender can make delicious smoothies in as little as 3 minutes, thanks to the 300-watt motor. You can even use this blender at night to ensure that you wake up with a glass of delicious smoothie in your hand.
The powerful motor can easily crush ice cubes and frozen fruits. The 700-ml capacity is perfect for a smoothie for one or a delicious smoothie for two. If you’re making one for your partner, you can just pour it into the other bottle ready for the next morning.
The Secura Personal Blender comes with 2 (20-oz) ultra-durable BPA-free Tritan plastic bottles, which are perfect for taking to work or on a run. These bottles are both dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
13. Oster Blender
- Versatile, ample, dishwasher safe pitcher
- Can automatically shut off
- The Oster Pro 1200 Model can also do food prep with the included food processor
- The blender doesn’t take up much space and it’s easy to store
- Includes 5 speeds from low to high
- Can crush ice, frozen fruit and frozen vegetables with no problem
- Can blend, chop, puree, dice, and more
- Comes with smoothie and 24-ounce cooking cup
- Pre-programmed touchpad controls
- Sleek design, vs bulky high-end blenders
- May not blend thick smoothies well
- Too much ice in pitcher can sometimes freeze blender
This is the Oster Pro 1200, a modern blender with tried and true technology designed to mix evenly without warming the contents. This make for a thinner consistency ideal for making a variety of drinks, sauces and soups.
The pitcher has a two-inch pour spout with lid, and there’s even a recipe book included with this blender. The pitcher lid will prevent splattering, which makes this a great blender for families who use it for a variety of purposes.
14. Magic Bullet Blender
- Easy to clean design
- Extremely affordable
- Ideal for 1-3 people
- Includes 26-piece set
- Wide cup for less spill
- Powerful motor
- Great for making baby food
- Can be loud
- Plastic can leak BPA
- May arrive damaged
- Pulse may be hard to push
- May get stuck during use
This Best Blender is considered to be a top of line product; despite its reasonable price.
The commercial-grade powerful 200-watt motor pulverizes even the toughest ingredients.
The Magic Bullet also features a high-torque power base. It includes a small and two large mugs, two-year warranty, recipe book and two single-serving smoothie cups.
15. BELLA 13586 Personal Size Blender
- Evenly blended smoothies
- Easy to clean
- Doesn’t stick
- Doesn’t blend dry things like ice or coffee beans well
- Some found the plastic easy to break
A small and compact juice blender, 13586 is a product of Bella. This juicer/blender is a high performer packed inside a small body. It has a simple to use, push button operation with the blend and pulse mode option. The 4 cup pitcher is big enough to make smoothies for the whole family.
The blender is the ideal kitchen companion if you are running short on time. It is ideal for making smoothies, milkshakes, fresh juices and whipped cream. In addition to this, you can also use it to puree soft vegetables like tomatoes, mash bananas and also use it as a grinder for things like coffee beans and nuts. It comes with a kid-friendly power button.
The blender is available at an affordable price and is suited for use by both experts and beginners.
16. Oster Blender Blend-N-Go Smoothie Kit
- Excellent quality, very sturdy and powerful.
- Perfect smoothie consistency.
- Easy to clean.
- Includes storage cup, blades, blender and lid.
- Berries and frozen fruit can get stuck under the blades.
- Plastic smell on the lid and cup
17. Portable Blender USB Rechargeable
- Small, compact size makes it ideal for regular use
- Easy to use; this is essentially a small cup with a blade
- USB rechargeable so you can take it with you while traveling
- Comes with a handy carrying pouch which makes it perfect when you’re on-the-go
- If you find it isn’t powerful enough, then you can add ice
- Only takes up about as much space adding a can of soda to a takeout bag.
- If you use too much water, then you will basically get a smoothie, not a juice. This is not ideal for more robust leafy greens (like spinach) or frozen fruits & vegetables.
- The blade is very small, so you’ll have to add small quantities at a time.
- If you do the above, then a full charge will only provide you with one or two servings.
- It is a little bit cheap feeling, and the lid does not sit up.
The bottom line is that the Portable Blender USB Rechargeable is a great choice for people who are looking for a small blender and aren't planning on making the smoothest smoothies — and in case the name didn't give it away, it is USB rechargeable.
18. Portable Blender Single Serve
- Great for people on the go
- Very compact
- Easy to clean
- Large capacity
- Poor customer service
- No spare parts
- Comes apart easily
With its powerful 400-watt motor, this blender will let you blend contents to perfection within minutes. Its container is made of eco-friendly BPA free plastic material.
KuaiLert portable blender is a great multi-use blender as it could blend, chop, grind, mix, and smash. It has an auto shutoff feature that allows it to be safe to use.
The KuaiLert portable blender also comes with six detachable cups that come in different sizes. The cups are made of food grade plastic material. This makes them safe to use for food items, especially if you are traveling.
19. Elite Gourmet 17 Piece 300W Personal Drink Blender
- Fits Most Cups & Bottles
- 300-watt motor
- Comes with 2 lids
- Sharp blades
- Easy to wash
- Includes a book of recipes
- BPA-free material
- Dishwasher safe jar
20. Bravit Personal Sports Blender Smoothie Maker and Shake Maker
- Compact and easy to take anywhere
- Works with any smoothie recipes
- Various serving sizes can be created
- Comes with a carrying case
- Comes with free recipes
The Bravit Smoothie Maker is a great little compact smoothie maker that does the trick. It’s pretty simple to use and requires minimal assembly before the first use.
You’ll definitely save money by making smoothies and shakes at home versus buying them in a smoothie shop.
21. Epica Heavy Duty Immersion Hand Blender 4-in-1
- Best for blending hot soup
- Lifetime guarantee
- Warranty against any defects
Vegetable, Yogurt, Hot Soup, and Ice.
This heavy duty immersion blender has a long, flexible, stainless steel blade that's supposedly strong enough to blend even the hardest ice. While it's not exactly the sexiest tool, any chef would love an infusion of fresh vegetables and fruit into a soup, which the Epica immersion blender can do. Immersion blenders can not only puree soups like the Epica, but they can also make mayonnaise, salad dressings, and all sorts of appetizers. The ability to blend soup while piping hot out of the pot makes this immersion blender a must-have for any home chef.
22. Tribest Single-Serving Mason Jar Personal Blender
- Contains a built-in knife that chops ice
- Made from BPA-free ABS plastic; double-walled for heat retention for blending
- Can blend cold, hot, or refrigerated ingredients, including thick smoothies and cold soups
- Can blend both hot and cold food directly into the jar and even hot liquids with no leaks
- Smaller blender jar size than some of the more expensive blenders.
- Incomplete blending cycle of some ingredients (too much liquid may be left behind).
The Tribest PB-350 is relatively new to the personal blender/smoothie maker market, but it has quickly become one of the best and most appreciated on the market because of its ability to take on the cold, the hot, and the given the size, thick smoothies as well.
Each jar comes with its own lid and has a durable handle that makes it easy to hold. The blender jar goes on top of the base and the parts are easily assembled. Because the blender jar is double-walled, it will heat up for hot blending. Don’t worry, the blender jar is insulated to be used for hot or cold blending.
23. Golds Gym Supreme Strength Personal Power Blender 300 Watt
- Different settings
The Gold’s Gym Supreme personal power blender is a slick little gadget that is great for smoothies, protein shakes, margaritas, and much more. It’s lightweight, easy to transport, and easy to clean.
It has a 300-watt motor that pulverizes ice to a fine consistency and allows for even mixing of ingredients and produces nice, smooth results.
It has a chute that’s wide enough for ice cubes, and a large-capacity pitcher. It also comes with a travel sports bottle that is perfect for toting your breakfast smoothies, pre Boost drinks with you to the gym or office in order to give you that boost you need.
24. Bamix Pro-2 G200 Professional Series NSF Rated 200 Watt 2 Speed 3 Blade Immersion Hand Blender
- Can handle just about anything
- Powerful motor
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use
This immersion blender from Bamix has some impressive metrics. The attractive, but not flashy design is ergonomic and easy to use.
It’s also very portable and easy to store away with its compact design. Its very comfortable rubber grip on the handle makes this device easy to control. The Bamix 2 speed blender comes with a convenient wall-mount bracket.
The first job that you might use this for is to puree or chop up your baby’s food. With the 2200 W peak motor (1.4 HP) coupled with the steel high-speed spiral head and stainless steel blending shaft, this product will get the job done without any hassle.
25. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender
- Amazing price
- Small and convenient
- Tiny pool of silicone bits have to be scraped out of the bottom
The Hamilton Beach personal blender is a fantastic entry-level gadget that can handle small tasks. Its compact design and affordable price tag have made this blender an armada's choice.
As it includes a travel cup and 28 ounces of capacity, you can drink what you've just made without losing a few minutes pouring and sipping. If you don't have much time to spend during your morning rush or late after work, this kitchen tool is a must-have.
Despite the power low-cost, you can prepare quick and smooth shakes and drinks for yourself. The Hamilton Beach Personal blender is made to be used at home, so there's no need to worry about using it with a power output that is low. The blade is made of high-grade stainless steel, so it'll last you at least a year.
26. Doctor Hetzner 300-Watt Blender
- Great blending power for the size
- Compact, lightweight & easy to use
If you’re looking for a good blender with a single serve feature, then the Doctor Hetzner 300-watt blender is worth your consideration.
The main advantage of this Doctor Hetzner blender is that it’s very affordable, especially when compared to the other brands that offer the same features. It’s certainly the budget-friendly choice for the average consumer.
Although compact and lightweight, this 3-speed blender packs plenty of power to ensure that it is able to take on any of your blending jobs, from shakes to smoothies. It has a 300-watt motor, and comes with a concentrate cup, 2 sip tubes, and an adaptor so that it can be used as a food processor.
27. KitchenAid KHB2351CU 3-Speed Hand Blender
- Fast & easy clean-up
- Blades that are easy to remove
- Powerful motor
- Large chute
- On/off/pulse switch
- Low price
- Powerful 500 watts motor
- Comfortable handle
- Easy-grip blades
- 7 speeds. More speeds than on other blenders
- The blending cup is not dishwasher safe
- Blades are difficult to clean if you don’t follow instructions
We recommend the KitchenAid KHB2351CU Hand Blender for its ergonomic handle, five speeds and power to blend frozen fruit or ice into sherbet, ice cream, frozen cocktails and more.
It's easy to use thanks to a high-speed on/off/pulse switch that controls the seven different speeds, from 600 to 28,000 rpm. You can crush ice, grind coffee beans and chop vegetables with the stainless steel blades that reach all the way down to the base of the clear blending cup.
28. Dash DPBD002RD Personal Blender
- Compact and lightweight design
- Budget friendly
- Suitable for smoothies, shakes, and protein shakes
- Good for blending small amounts of food
- Great for travel
- Easy to clean
- Purée setting is variable and adjustable
- Very powerful
- The Travel Lid can be slightly difficult to remove
- The motor is loud
This mini personal blender fits right into your daily routine, whether you are trying to get some extra greens or boost your protein intake.
Based on other products by Dash, this particular blender has a lot of power for its size. It can go up to 15,000 RPM (rotations per minute).
Although it has a BPA free tumbler, you can use it with juices, smoothies, and other beverages. It has a compact design that makes it easy to take with you on trips.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which brand of Blender is the best?
The answer to this question depends on different factors. One of the factors to consider is the desire for a large or small sized blender. If you're after a machine that can take up as little space as possible but still deliver, than a personal-sized blender should certainly be the choice.
However, if you want to make large volumes of smoothies each time, than it will be best to go for a large sized blender. If you intend to use your blender for chopping food on a regular basis, then you should go for a blender that can chop food as well.
An expensive blender is especially useful if you intend to use it for its other functions, such as juicing, making ice creams, and mixing dough, among others.
What's the best smoothie maker to buy?
What's the difference between a blender and a smoothie maker? In terms of capacity, a smoothie maker can make around 32 ounces while a standard blender can only make around 20 ounces.
However, if you're looking for versatility, it is important to note that a blender is able to do much more than a smoothie maker.
Since blending requires using a blender's blades, you might not get that smoothie consistency you're looking for. But with a smoothie maker, you’re able to combine frozen fruit, yogurt, ice, and even soup and pulse until they're perfectly smooth. This is why smoothie makers are better than blenders if you're looking for healthier drinks and want to include a variety of different flavors.
What is the best blender 2020?
Blenders are used to make a variety of different drinks, smoothies being one of the commonest. But there are many different types of smoothies, so how are you supposed to know which is the best blenders 2020?
First, you'll need to decide whether you want a blender or a juicer. Blenders are great for fruit drinks, but not so great for vegetable drinks. If you drink lots of green juice, you should consider a juicer instead.
Second, you'll want to decide what types of drinks you'll want in your blender. Are you going to use it to make peanut butter? Are you making fancy lattes? Or are you going to use it exclusively for smoothies?
What is the best blender for smoothies and soups?
The best blender for smoothies is a model that can crush ice and nuts while also liquefying vegetables that can be challenging to blend.
When looking for a smoothie maker, you want a blender that can withstand the challenges of blending frozen fruit and ice and can easily liquefy fiber-rich fruits, vegetables, and greens.
The easiest way to sift through the long list of blenders on the market is to find out which blenders are known for doing the best job with the hardest materials.
Blenders like the Vitamix and the Blendtec are known for pulverizing ice and fruit while maintaining the original texture of the fruits and veggies.
In our search for the best blender, we considered a few different qualities. First, we wanted to find one with a great, high end performance. We are not interested in finding one that just good enough, we wanted something great. After all, we want to enjoy our smoothies as well as know that they are going to have ingredients that we want in a blender like ice, fruits, and vegetables.
|Ninja Personal Blender||Best Overall|
|Portable Blender Single Serve||Budget Pick|
|NutriBullet Rx N17-1001 Blender||Upgrade Pick|