Acne affects teens and adults alike and is a particularly common problem for women in their mid to late twenties (it’s often a sign of hormone imbalance and tends to get more severe as women go through menopause).
Although it’s common and normal to experience acne as a teenager, it becomes a concern if you’re still experiencing breakouts in your early twenties or beyond. Acne is rarely a medical emergency or requires trips to the dermatologist. In fact, many of us have gone through periods of breakouts due to diet, stress, hormones or simply because of a bad skin care routine.
Often, effective acne treatment can be as simple as practicing good skin care and avoiding triggers like greasy foods. Even so, some acne requires treatment and it’s best to know the causes and the best acne treatments available.
The reasons for acne are fairly straightforward. Studies have shown that blocked pores in the skin are caused by a combination of oil, bacteria and dead skin cells.
The primary causes of acne are typically either stress or hormonal imbalances combined with poor skin care. That’s why addressing your diet, using a quality daily cleanser, exfoliating, using a non-comedogenic moisturizer, and avoiding rough face scrubs are some of the best acne treatments.
|GoodSense Nighttime Cold and Flu Relief||Best Overall|
|Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar||Budget Pick|
|Led Face Mask||Upgrade Pick|
1. GoodSense Nighttime Cold and Flu Relief
- Relieves flu
- Relieves colds
- Relieves coughs
- Relieves congestion
- Relieves body aches and pains
- Relieves sleeplessness caused by flu and colds
- Relieves minor pain
- Some reported the liquid did not mix well
- reported product was not effective
This nighttime cold and flu relief cold and flu liquid from Good Sense contains the active ingredient acetaminophen, which is the same ingredient found in Tylenol. Acetaminophen is used to relieve the symptoms of the flu and colds.
It also contains the active ingredients dextromethorphan and phenylephrine. Dextromethorphan is used as a cough suppressant. Phenylephrine is used to relieve congestion and sinus irritation, along with body aches and pains caused by the flu and colds. You might not know it, but you’ve probably had phenylpropanolamine at some point, which is used in a number of cold and flu meds for its decongestant properties.
This medication is available in many different forms, including tablets.
2. Acne Treatment Natural Cream
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Effective in treating acne
- Easy to apply acne cream
- Made in the USA
- All-natural ingredients
- Reasonably priced
- Needs a lot of improvement in shelf life
- May cause dryness and redness in some cases
- Eyelids need to be protected to avoid drying out
- User may not feel a difference until 3-5 weeks of use
- Not ideal for acne on the face
Finally, the all-natural Acne Treatment Cream is a uniquely formulated product to treat acne naturally. It is made in the USA which gives a peace of mind to the customer.
It works best for oily and acne prone skin as it has our special blend of ingredients to prevent future breakouts as well.
It is great for prevention of any future breakouts and pimples.
3. Acne Treatment Differin Gel
- Contains less ingredients than other acne treatments
- Moisturizes the skin
- Can be used on the whole face or only affected areas
- Is effective on whiteheads and blackheads
- Starts working within a few days
- Helps prevent acne before it develops
- Is gentle on the skin
- Is more likely to cause acne in the future
- Can work by simply drying the skin out
- Can be harsh
- May not be strong enough to treat severe acne
- Is a lot better on some types of acne than others
This acne treatment, thanks to its mix of ingredients with different properties and strengths, is among the most versatile on the market. Differin gel can help people with mild, moderate, and even severe acne. As you tweak the number of times a day you apply it, and the thickness of areas you apply it to, you can tweak the product to meet your needs.
4. Vitamin C Serum Plus 2% Retinol
- For every purchase, this company donates to the Humane Society.
- Very great for getting rid of acne. You can even use it on your chest, neck and back.
- Can be used on sensitive skin
- Contains all sorts of skin-loving ingredients
- Will not irritate even the most sensitive skin.
- Leaves skin feeling soft and clean.
- Nothing worth mentioning.
Vitamin C Serum Plus contains many different nutrients that your skin needs to help it stay healthy and balanced. This product helps your skin to look better and stay better when used consistently. It’s also a very great price.
Here are some of the best nursing pillows that you can purchase…
As you can tell from the above list, nursing pillows are a great way for you to alleviate back pain similar to that which you would normally get when trying to nurse your baby in an awkward position.
5. Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment
- Good quality
- Convenient and easy to use
The Proactiv Acne Treatment starter kit includes an acne face wash, acne spot treatment, and an exfoliating toner.
The face wash is strong enough to take care of pimples, but it still gentle on your skin, and can be used everyday to prevent breakouts.
The acne spot treatment is better than any cream for treating breakouts and blemishes because this one-step treatment goes straight to the source without complicated ingredients.
6. Led Face Mask
- Adjustable and reusable
- Easy to clean
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Long battery life
- No side effects
- No pain
- UV lamps are powerful and fast
- Highly effective
- The UV lamp kit has a UV light that is powerful enough to cure gel polish in 15 minutes.
With High Quality LED, 6 PCS Gel Patches & 36 PCS UV Nail Art Soak Off Gel Polish & UV LED Lamp Kit, for Party.
A phototherapy acne mask uses blue light and red light to kill acne bacteria and kill acne causing bacteria.
Led light therapy is one of the most popular treatments for skin rejuvenation today. It has been proven in clinical studies to accelerate cell renewal and collagen production.
7. 20% Glycolic Acid Pads and Exfoliating Face Cleansing Wipes
- These are skin care products and they work better than commonly used acne drugs
- These provide glycolic acid, which is a natural chemical derived from cane sugar or from fruit and spurts dormant skin cells to the surface
- They are usually used in skincare products because it’s an anti-aging and exfoliating ingredient
- These are obtained from natural fruits (strawberries, kiwis, etc.)
- They remove built-up toxins
- They can be used on the entire face and as a part of your skincare routine
- They’re better than salicylic acid and glycolic acid based face washes like Proactiv
Not a treatment for everyone. These can't treat a specific type of acne.
8. DERMA E Acne Blemish Control Treatment Serum
9. Exfoliating Enzyme Face Mask
- Fragrance free
- Antioxidant rich
- Improves elasticity of skin
- Moisturizes the skin
- Brightens skin
- Contains natural extracts
- No parabens
- No mineral oil
- No animal-by-products
- No artificial color
Scars, Acne and Blackhead Control for Oily Skin.
The idea of using a clarifying and exfoliating solution to cleanse acne prone skin has always been a good idea. But, it is important to find the right formula that will leave the skin feeling clean without feeling stripped or dried out. This Exfoliating Enzyme Mask uses effective natural ingredients to cleanse, exfoliate and hydrate the skin while minimizing its chemical effect.
This would be appropriate for both men and women. The active ingredients include papaya, pineapple, tartaric acid and lactic acid. These ingredients have been proven to heal, hydrate and exfoliate the skin. This mask is free of parabens, mineral oil, animal byproducts, artificial color, artificial fragrance and BHT. It has been dermatologist tested. It is formulated to purify, clean, exfoliate and moisturize sensitive skin.
10. Touch Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% Acne Treatment Gel Cream
- Cladosporium kills most types of acne.
- Acne free in as little as 2 weeks.
- Benzoyl peroxide is the recommended treatment to get rid of acne.
- The acne medications don’t have side effects.
- You can buy it without a prescription.
- The acne treatment works overnight.
(236 ml) Bottle
Benzoyl peroxide is an antibiotic that kills bacteria. It also reduces the inflammation of pimples and results in a noticeably clearer complexion in just two weeks. It is available without a prescription.
While a high percentage of benzoyl peroxide might show more noticeable results, it can also be more irritating to the skin. A 2.5% solution is a good fit for most people. Benzoyl peroxide causes redness of the skin which eventually goes away. There are also formulations available that have a lower concentration of benzoyl peroxide and produce less irritation. Apply a small amount of the acne gel for acne treatment to your clean skin. Wash your hands after applying. Wash your face twice a day.
11. GENIUS Acne Spot Treatment Serum
- Little to no skin drying
- Easy to use
- Can be used in conjunction with other acne treatments
- Pleasant smell
The GENIUS Acne Spot Treatment Serum for Acne Prone Skin is a famous and well-reviewed treatment for acne of all kind.
It’s manufactured using all-natural ingredients and is safe to use for those with sensitive skin. It’s a too strong for spot treatment, though and should be used only as part of a multifunctional acne treatment program.
It diminishes acne symptoms such as inflammation, redness, size, and pain with just a few quick applications.
12. Maximum Strength Hydrocolloid Acne Remover Sticker Dots
| Advanced Hydrocolloid Gel Patches for Healing Acne, Dark Spots & Scars.
The manufacturer of these amazing acne patches is SkinPro, a company based in Roselle, IL. It’s a family-owned business founded by two brothers from Scranton, PA, who were dismayed by the state of acne treatment options on the market.
They wanted to take the power of the acne-reducing ingredients right into the application site. These hydrocolloid acne treatment patches are designed to hold your skin’s powerful acne-fighting ingredients right at the site of your pimples.
13. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Medicated Gel Acne Face Wash
- No over-drying (*for the price of the wash)
- Great facial wash (*for the price of the wash)
- Removes makeup (*for the price of the wash)
- Gentle (*for the price of the wash)
- Oily/Combination skin may need a moisturizer
- Not the same as LRP derm wash
La Roche-Posay is a French brand blessed by dermatologists. This face wash is a very gentle, salicylic acid-based cleanser. It’s a great face wash if you have oily or combination skin because it’s significantly cheaper, however, it may be too drying for those with dry skin.
This cleanser leaves your skin with a noticeable fresh and dewy glow. It foams up nicely and helps remove excess oil from your pores. You only need a small amount to wash your whole face, so the 6.76 fluid-ounce (200 ml) bottle lasts a while. The foam is very rich and creamy and doesn’t tend to strip your skin of its natural oils as other cleansers do.
14. Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Cleans clogged and enlarged pores
- Helps with blackheads
- Heals acne scars
- Does not contain drying alcohols
- Deep cleans without removing natural oils
- Doesn’t strip skin
- Can be used once or twice a day
- Doesn’t take off makeup
- Can be drying
- Takes some getting used to
Have you ever seen those charcoal face masks on pinterest? Well, for some reason, this pore-penetrating face wash is sort of the same thing just on a much bigger scale. It’s definitely a bit of a different texture, but I’ve read lots of great reviews on it and enjoy using it.
My skin can be quite sensitive, so I was hesitant to start using it, but I am glad I did because it has helped my skin so much. I personally use it once a day, but I know others have started using it twice a day. Brad was worried that it might irritate my skin, but I’ve had no issues at all. Not only does it not irritate my skin, but it also takes care of my pimples while treating my redness.
15. NeedCrystals Microdermabrasion Crystals 4 oz. / 113 gr. DIY Face Scrub. Natural Facial Exfoliator
- Gets rid of acne
- Works great for oily skin
- Has a pleasant smell
- Does not irritate skin
- Dirt cheap
- Available in different quantities
The small crystals are perfect for use in the areas that need deeper exfoliation. It is smooth as glass and will not scratch the skin, even after a deep scrub.
In short, the Microdermabrasion Crystals gently remove dead skin and dirt from clogged pores while also leaving your complexion with a natural glow.
Studies have shown that women with cleansed and exfoliated skin feel more confident and look more beautiful, this product does just that.
16. Acne Treatment Cream by St.Mege
- It comes with a convenient travel size.
- It is a great under eye cream.
- It is a great face moisturizer.
- It can be used on oily skin.
- It does not dry out the face.
- It has a mild smell.
- It is pretty expensive for 10 ml tube.
48-Hour Control, Dual Action, Organic, Easy to Use, For All Skin, All Skin Types.
The acne treatment by St.Medi is one of the best acne treatments I have used in a long time. It has antibacterial properties and is natural. It contain several essential oils and is ideal for back acne as well. It is pretty affordable if you buy the trial version. More than anything else, this product actually gets rid of acne and leaves your skin smooth and blemish free. It enhances my skin to its natural glow. If you are looking for a good acne treatment, I highly suggest you give this a try for a few weeks. It is a brilliant non-oily solution backed by months of research.
17. NxN Oil Control System
- Controls sebum production
- Matches skin color
- Provides non-oily coverage
- Absorbs excess oil
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Clinically tested
If you’re looking for a foundation that actually does the job, this oil control system has been recommended by consumers and is well-reviewed online. Compared to conventional foundations, this one is non-comedogenic and doesn’t clog pores. This is because it’s specifically designed to help those with oily skin problems. It has ingredients that help soothe and reduce the appearance of pores while keeping sebum production under control. Clay, kaolin, and zinc are some of the ingredients used to achieve this.
18. Face and Body Moisturizer Cream
This is amazing! I've struggled with dry, itchy, red skin for years. The itching was unbearable. This stuff did it! I quickly realized that I put too much on the first day and broke out in a massive rash from the coconut oil. I also have sensitive skin. After a few days (3-4) I realized I didn't need nearly as much as I was using. Just enough to make my face feel smooth and supple. Trusted Customer
If you are someone that has struggled in the past of finding something to help with eczema or any type of skin condition, then I urge you to look no further. This combo is all natural, and have personally helped me. It does take some time, but trust me if you have the patience this will help you.
This cream benefited me and my bad facial skin, and I think it will benefit you too. It gives you instant relief, and helps with the long-term as well.
19. Amire Blemish Drying Lotion
- Best for acne-prone skin
- Works well with the whole family
- Dries pimples overnight
If you have really oily skin and need a quick solution for your acne issues, Amire Blemish Drying Lotion is the one for you. This acne-fighting spot treatment is not only effective but also comes with an affordable price tag.
This product does not contain acids or benzoyl peroxide; instead, it works to dry pimples fast and reduce redness. It is a safe treatment for sensitive skin and people who are prone to breakouts.
The lotion is gentle on your face and can be used every day. And you can be assured that this product will not clog your pores.
20. Gentle Soothing Facial Cleanser
- Useful for acne
- Great for sensitive skin
- Safe for the eyes
- Doesn’t leave a residue
- Takes some time for it to work
- Doesn’t lather much
- Can’t use too much
There’s a reason why this gentle, all-natural product is among the best-selling face washes just about everywhere.\
It’s gentle and works better than most acne products available, which is why we’ve chosen to call it the best of the best.
The gentle soap is the best choice for removing makeup. It’s also ideal for people with sensitive skin. It’s even perfect for children.
21. Diva Stuff Cystic Acne Spot Treatment
- Actively works overnight
- Natural ingredients
- No chemicals or preservatives
- Money will be well spent
- Fast results
If you’ve tried numerous acne solution products with no success, it’s best to try something that is natural.
The Diva Stuff Acne Spot treatment is a great way to treat your acne. The product is made of natural ingredients like Hawaiian Sea Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Turmeric Extracts and more.
The Diva Stuff works by inhibiting inflammatory factors that normally cause acne and will lessen the inflammation.
22. Era Organics Tea Tree Oil Face Cream
- Prevents acne, pimples, blackheads, blemishes, dandruff and other skin conditions easily
- Controls oil production and keeps the skin soft and clear
- Safe for all skin types
- Gives the skin a youthful appearance
- Helps reduce skin redness and blemishes
- Can be used as a makeup primer
- Moisturizes and nourishes the skin
- Protects skin from sun damage with SPF 15
- Does not do well with wrinkles or dark spots
- The cream may not be very effective for people with sensitive skin
This is one of the best organics organic facial creams for people with sensitive skin. It’s nice and thick but not at all greasy. It will lubricate the skin and provide a healthy glow. Plus, it smells great.
It can be used daily, overnight, or even as a night cream. If you’re worried about clogging your pores, this cream will unblock pores and keep your skin soft and smooth.
After a few days of using it, you’ll notice that your skin is renewed and impurities are gone. It also makes a great makeup primer and will keep your foundation from looking chalky.
23. Acne Treatment Cream
- All organic ingredients
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Doesn’t contain alcohol
- Creates dry patches
- May leave residue on clothing
Acne Treatment Cream – 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment Acne Cream – Cystic Acne Spot Treatment for Face – Pimple Cream with Tea Tree Oil for Acne, Witch Hazel, Jojobal Oil, Almond Oil & Shea Butter – Oily Skin Controls Bacteria.
24. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil-Eliminating Foaming Facial Cleanser
- Effectively cleans pores and impurities
- Oil-absorbing formula
- Made with salicylic acid, designed to penetrate deep into clogged pores to help visibly reduce breakouts and prevent acne from recurring
- It has a cooling sensation which helps in minimizing redness and irritation
- Available in a three-pack
Neutrogena Rapid Clear is more than just acne fighting, it is a face cleanser formulated to help people of all ages fight off acne, even teens or adults who regularly suffer from breakouts. It is formulated to clean deep into your pores with its powerful blends of acne and blackhead fighting ingredients, controlling shine and unclogging pores.
The foaming formula is infused with salicylic acid, which helps penetrate deep into clogged pores and fights acne while helping eliminate blackheads and whiteheads. The formula is designed for oily, acne-prone skin.
25. Cystic Acne Treatment and Acne Scar Remover
- Reliable and trusted company that is committed to customer service
- Blends natural ingredients
- Reliable and effective
- Made in the USA
- May cause mild discomfort on sensitive skin
- May take 3-4 weeks to truly see results
Bottle – The Only Acne Treatment System for Severe Acne & Acne Scarring
This product has a lot of positive reviews on most sites. It has selective ingredients with a wide variety of ingredients. As a result, it is likely to be effective on a wide variety of skin types. GoNaturalAcneTreatment is also manufactured in the USA which is another reassuring factor. Burning was the most common side effect that some people reported from this product, however, it does appear that this product will produce very positive results.
This product contains four active ingredients that are shown to be effective for treating acne. It contains: salicylic acid, tea tree oil, essential oils, and willow bark extract. They are all natural, but they are also very potentially harsh on sensitive skin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best acne treatment 2020?
We highly recommend this product because it's the best acne treatment on the market today. It’s a comprehensive all-over tool with 5 different treatments that are designed to be gentle on the skin. Treating acne is not a simple problem with a single cause. It requires a multi-pronged, comprehensive approach. This tool will help you achieve an acne-free complexion.
What is the best acne treatment on the market?
The best acne treatment for someone else might not be the best acne treatment for you. Before you commit to a particular treatment, you need to consider what works for many people on the whole will be different than what will work for you. Different people will respond in different ways to the wide array of acne treatment options.
In general, the easiest way to narrow down your acne treatment options is to consider the source of your acne, the existing skin condition, and your budget. Certain acne treatments work well on specific types of acne while performing poorly against others.
If you only have a limited budget to spend, then we would suggest you do a bit of research in order to find the acne treatment that will give you the best value for your money.
This will allow you to have better control over how much you spend and ensure you get enough bang for your buck.
What is the most effective way to treat acne?
The truth is that there is no universal cure for acne, but there are lots of treatments that can help improve things.
One of the most common and effective treatment methods is the use of chemical peels. Chemical peels are just what they sound like; they use a chemical agent that causes the top layer of skin (the epidermis) to “peel” away. The process is not unlike what happens when someone uses an exfoliant or a tomato paste mask to slough off dead skin cells.As the layer of dead skin peels out from the surface, you will notice an improvement in your acne. If you’ve never had a chemical peel before, then keep in mind that skin will appear red for a few days after the treatment. The area may also be a bit itchy and flaky.
When it comes to acne treatments, be it for mild acne or severe, you’ve likely tried prescription acne topical treatments or other home remedies. But did they work? Maybe there’s a more effective treatment option you’ve yet to try. Here, we explore the best acne treatment options available today. We also look closely at natural remedies for acne, including tea tree oil, baking soda, aloe vera, lemon juice, and shea butter.
|GoodSense Nighttime Cold and Flu Relief||Best Overall|
|Bioré Pore Penetrating Charcoal Bar||Budget Pick|
|Led Face Mask||Upgrade Pick|